I heard it through the grapevine......

      Rumor has it... or did you hear? Oh my gosh, he was totally like... and I can't believe that she would...You'll never believe what I saw... It's totally true, because I remember when....  Do any of these sound oh too familiar? The grapevine communication, where truths or lies grow bigger than ever intended. An awful place where any ones heartbreak or embarrassment can be shared with just about anyone willing to hear it. This is a way of turning yet the simplest act into a moment in time that the tabloids would be proud to publish. It's pretty easy to understand.... Everybody wants to be known but not like that. Be a real friend by being someone that you yourself would confide in.
   I learned a very good lesson the other day. A friend of mine has been going through some very hard life changes and I heard it through the grapevine. Now, I avoided approaching her like the plague. I didn't want to be one that was listening to rumors and yet I wanted to be there for her if she needed me. Putting my fears aside, I picked up the phone, "grew a pair", and called. I was so very glad that I did. The problem with stories is just that, they are stories. The only way to know what someone is going through and how they feel is to go to the source.
  I have had plenty of experiences in my life that I would have never wanted shown on the big screen, Confusion and heartbreak or even my more embarrassing life lessons. I was lucky,however, to have some really amazing friends in my life to help carry my heart through these times. I've also had rumors that have only added to the pain that I was already dealing with. So this post is meant for any of my loved ones who might be in their own world of hurt or hard choices.
   From the words of a rabbit, " if you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothin at all". Everyone has hurt, everyone has pain, but everyone doesn't need to know about it. Talking to others should be the choice of those who need to talk, not the choice of others. Be a good friend... sometimes that's all you need to be. Stay out of the grapevine community because it's a very hurtful place to be. And last but not least, if you wouldn't want it to be said about you then don't help spread it about others.
   Times in our lives are hard enough on there own without having to fix and justify any stories being spread. Our tears are going to fall with or without an audience. It sure is nice too have a friend to hand you a tissue or to offer a shoulder. I am lucky to have some true friends that have helped me out of hurt and kept me from falling to far. So the next time you are caught up in vicious circle of rumors and stories, walk away. If your friends and loved ones are crying or need help, cry with them, give them someone to lean on and talk to. Don't give others something to talk about, or next time it could be your tears in the middle of the gossip.
                                                    I love you my friend!