The power of the past...

  I am a strong believer that the past does not define us. Anyone can change in my eyes, for the better or for the worst. I don't believe in using our past trials to excuse any current short comings, and I believe in accepting accountability for our own mistakes. Having said all of that, I also believe that you should never forget your past or where you came from...that, to me, is the only true way to learn.
  I hope in sharing some of where I've been will end up helping me and help someone else through their journey as well. Of course I can't write a novel in one sitting but over time....who knows. I'm not going to start at the beginning, I've already been there ;-) and I'll be there again eventually, but not today.Instead, I am pondering today on all of those beautiful people that have helped me over time to realize who i can be.


  I have had the pleasure of knowing so many different types. Hippies, Spiritual gurus, Reiki masters, Happy homeless, Tribe leaders, Religious, Atheist, Artists, Teachers, Strippers(Entertainers), Masons, the rich, and those with nothing but a smile. I've been welcomed in by many, and loved by others. I've made some life long relationships and had the pleasure of knowing some only until the morning train left, and they danced away with it(Literally).
  I've danced in the rain. I've hitched a ride with a stranger. I've been in the spiritual growth of a sweat lodge. I've bared the pain and pleasure of child birth, and loss... I have been loved fully and truly by another and know the amazing growth that comes from sharing your life with someone else. I've cryed with all i have for someone else, and I've laughed till I cryed. I truly feel that I have been blessed by my encounters and by everyone I've ever met. I'm the lucky one.
 It isn't all positive, I've had my trials. Sometimes I wonder if I could have learned a lesson or grown the same without part of the pain, without hurting myself or someone else. However, I know better. I believe that the pain helps us to not forget. I know there are certain experiences from my past that i will never have to live through again, because I remember the pain and choose to make different choices on my path now. I also know the pain I've caused others, at certain turns in the road. Because of those times i know to better my decisions, as to not cause another that pain. I also, hope that through the changes some heart aches will heal.
  Sometime during my writings I will probably end up discussing several of the above mentioned circumstances. I will tell it through my heart and hopefully someone reading can feel my emotional journey as well. I may write on love, pain, abuse, inspiration, determination, happiness, goals, growth,divorce, children, and so much more. If someone I love is mentioned and reading, please know this is not meant to offend...It's my emotions as I experienced them. I want to write on my experiences and all those who have taken this journey with me.
  So, thanks to all who are reading and getting to know me again, deeper, or for the first time. Thanks for not letting my life go unnoticed. I love to give out a good challenge for personal growth...so here it is. Today or over the next week, think of those in your life that have truly inspired your path and helped to mold you. Write down a few and remember the reasons and ways that they have helped in your human experience... Remember, don't let the past haunt or hurt you, LIVE, LEARN, and MOVE FORWARD. Learn to appreciate the good and the bad, because without the bad we would never know how good we have it....Namaste....