Gone fishin'......

  "Sometimes in the silence of your own thoughts you'll suddenly hear yourself scream out. Listen, it might be the only time you hear your own voice for a while. Take the time to get to know you. It's easier for you to be happy if you know and like who you are...."
  I think sometimes we just need to "tap out". I believe that it is totally okay to take the world off of your shoulders for a minute and .....well.... just go fishing. You may get out on a motorcycle and just ride or you might go sit at the lake, but whatever it is.... just do it!  Don't get so caught up in the world that you forget to take the time to see what a beautiful place it really is. Turn off your cell phone. What!!! I know, I know, who does that right? But you'll be amazed by the freedom after you get over the initial anxiety of who might not be able to get ahold of you. Put away your computer and let your inbox get more then one message. Get ready for an adventure or kick off your shoes and find a lawn chair. Just take a break!

  Now I'm not saying to quit your job and travel the world barefoot, unless that's your dream and you are prepared for that kind of thing. No....I'm just saying that it is okay to get away. Take a vacation, go camping, light a fire and roast a marshmallow, or just light some candles and be okay with the quiet. I know for me, I love to get out on the lake. I am out of cell phone service and out of commission. I love to stay out till the light begins to fade with my feet in the water and nothing holding me down. I leave the weight of the world at home and the truth is that when I get back, the world doesn't seem quite as heavy. For me, the calm moments when the world stops turning are so very needed. These times help me to get my footing so that I can keep up later.
  Now I have loved ones that live "off the grid" and I also have loved ones that are deep in the hustle of things. It doesn't matter where or how life has you living, you still need to take the time to be with your own thoughts. Even just to take the time away from thought, away from stress, absolutely worry free. I promise that when you dive back into things, all those same thoughts and worries will be waiting for you. It just seems easier to deal with when you take the time to calm yourself and enjoy life as well. Living is supposed to be lived. Alot of people think that because of financial responsibilities, it is all work and no play. I don't agree, be in charge of your own life and in living it. Take care of your responsibilities and take time for you as well. It doesn't cost money to be happy, just time and a change of mind. True happiness can be found in the simplest moments, you just have to be open to finding it.
  So take the time to be happy. Love your life as long as your in it. Remember to "tap out" every once in a while and to not harbor guilt for taking a time out. It doesn't hurt anybody to be out of commission for a time. So love yourself, love life, see the world your living in.... maybe just go fishing!