My "Notebook"...


Does anyone still leave the light on for love? What happened to the romance of Hollywood…Is it real? I know from experience that love is real; the kind of love that ignites the soul and causes your heart to pulse with such passion that it becomes visible through your chest.

Anyone who knows me would find me to be somewhat of a hopeless romantic. I think there is some truth to fairytales, although true happiness takes real work. All too often, we lose our chance at experiencing this deep connection because we are bred to take the easier road. Struggles, insecurities, and fear of loss can cause us to abandon that which could potentially make us happy beyond recognition. So this post is dedicated to true love, soul mates, love had, love lost, and my favorite movie that perfectly portrays the strength of true love…”The Notebook”…Sometimes what others have written can say so much, and Nicholas Sparks says it so well.
“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”
 “It was real, wasn't it? You and me. Such a long time ago, we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn't we?”
“Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing…..So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out…..Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?”
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.”
“She was my dream. She made me who I am, and holding her in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat. I think about her all the time. Even now, when I'm sitting here, I think about her. There could never have been another.”
"I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. ”
“You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.”
So there it is for today. Don’t let the fear of losing someone cause you to lose them. Challenges come and if it is true love then you can overcome and work through anything. But don’t take the easy way out just because it is easier in the moment. You may end up regretting it for the rest of your life. Hold the ones you love and tell them often. Because if you don’t do it today…you may never have that moment again. It is so much easier on the soul to love someone who is tangible and sitting right in front of you. Otherwise you are left with a feeling of longing and emptiness. Wondering forever what might have been... Don't forget to love....